Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Sony account: Cannot download my DRM-protected/purchased books

I'm unable to download my purchased books, the ones protected by DRM and the ones that I purchased on my older computers.

Why this came about is that my other computers were all stolen last year. I bought a new computer some time back, and now I'm trying to download a few choice books. I only recently put Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 on my current computer.

I can access my Sony account and do whatever I need or want to do with it. My problem has to do with adobe DRM.

I get this message when I attempt to download a book:

License fulfilled by another user.

Does anyone have an easy fix on this, please?

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1

Does your ADE Account and Sony Account use the same email address and password?

*edit*
Your can check your Adobe ID email address by opening up ADE in library view, and clicking "Authorize Computer" in dropdown menu.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 10-11-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Do you think it might have anything to do with this?

MobileRead Thread : Adobe Hacked: Customer Info Stolen
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Why this came about is that my other computers were all stolen last year.
You probably have to de-authorize those computers. Unfortuantely, there is no way to do this on your own and you will have to call customer support. The following quote is from the manage devices screen .

Quote:
To add or de-authorize a computer, you must first log in to that computer. Can't access that computer anymore? Contact Customer Service

The customer support link is below;

http://ebooks.custhelp.com/app/answe...pport/r_id/166

Hope this helps.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

Does your ADE Account and Sony Account use the same email address and password?

*edit*
Your can check your Adobe ID email address by opening up ADE in library view, and clicking "Authorize Computer" in dropdown menu.

Actually, I found that under 'HELP.'

When I click on 'Authorize Computer,' I find that "This computer is authorized without an ID."

I should mention that the few purchased adobe-protected ebooks that I have acquired on this new computer has not been a problem. They download and open, and I 'own' the ebooks and run them through calibre, etc.

The problem is with all those earlier ebooks bought when I owned those other computers - the ones that I no longer have.

ADDED: At this point, I don't know what my adobe password is, although I assume that my email address is the same one as what is on Sony.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-12-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Actually, I found that under 'HELP.'

When I click on 'Authorize Computer,' I find that "This computer is authorized without an ID."

I should mention that the few purchased adobe-protected ebooks that I have acquired on this new computer has not been a problem. They download and open, and I 'own' the ebooks and run them through calibre, etc.

The problem is with all those earlier ebooks bought when I owned those other computers - the ones that I no longer have.

ADDED: At this point, I don't know what my adobe password is, although I assume that my email address is the same one as what is on Sony.
FIRST: Make sure you have backed-up De-DRMed copies of the books you've bought on this computer. If this installation of ADE gets wiped for any reason, you will no longer be able to open the DRMed versions.

Now, once you've made sure you have DRM-free copies, you might be able to recover access to your old books. That is, if on your old computers your installation of ADE was registered with an Adobe ID. You need to register your current ADE with your old Adobe ID. Only then will it be able to read your old books, and only then will you have a chance of removing the DRM from your old books.

BUT! Doing this will almost certainly lose you access to the books bought on this computer. So make sure you get DRM-free copies before doing anything else.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Don are you saying that you didn't put the books that were downloaded onto your old computers through Calibre?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote