Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 06:41 PM   #1
Waddle
Waddle began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Uneven font color

I've bought a used Aura (2013) and for the most part it works okay. But I find if I use the dictionary, and come out of it, the text displays an uneven color. In other words, some text on the page is darker or lighter than other text. Once I swipe to the previous or forward page the font (Georgia) is rendered evenly. It's not really a major problem but slightly annoying. Even the menu font on the front page appears lighter in places.

Is this usual behavior for the Aura?

Thank you!
Waddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:26 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's eInk ghosting. The Aura is a special snowflake in the Kobo lineup in the way it handles the eInk tech, to apparently mixed results...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
Waddle
Waddle began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
So what happens is I get text like this where one line is dark . And another line is light. This is e-ink ghosting?
Waddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddle View Post
So what happens is I get text like this where one line is dark . And another line is light. This is e-ink ghosting?
When you see this, try tapping in the middle of the screen to bring up the menu and then tap again to dismiss the menu. After the second tap, you should see the white/black/white flash and the darker/ligher lines should be evened out.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote