Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-01-2024, 04:51 PM   #1
Smoff
Smoff began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre and saving

HI,
Am I missing something? I've been trying to save the e.pub that I've edited a bit in Calibre. It's just a test. But I've saved all kind of different ways and none have accepted the edits I just made. I keep looking at my new saved versions in online epub viewers (I've tried different ones) and they are not showing any changes I've made.

What am I missing??

Thanks!
siue
Smoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 07:55 PM   #2
jmurphy
Zealot
jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipaq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoff View Post
HI,
Am I missing something? I've been trying to save the e.pub that I've edited a bit in Calibre. It's just a test. But I've saved all kind of different ways and none have accepted the edits I just made. I keep looking at my new saved versions in online epub viewers (I've tried different ones) and they are not showing any changes I've made.

What am I missing??

Thanks!
siue
Are you by any chance looking for changes in your original file?

When you add a file to Calibre your original file is copied to the Calibre library, not moved.
When you edit a file in Calibre you are editing the copy in the library, not the original.

You need to export the book from Calibre before you send the file to these online viewers. Use the "Save to Disk" menu item to do that.
jmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2024, 08:26 PM   #3
Smoff
Smoff began at the beginning.

Device: none
Oh I think I found the issue - I believe I had multiple versions open (not sure how that happened! Probably because I literally just started using the software without a lot of knowledge!) So I wasn't saving the right project! Thank you for responding and setting me to check things out further
Smoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saving