Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 04:47 AM   #1
jhex6
jhex6 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperweight 7th gen
Restoring all books from Kindle - keep date added

Hi all,

I lost my whole Calibre library after having problems with my hard drive. I have all my books on my Kindle so I'm able to restore them all to Calibre . Which is lucky!

The only thing is the date added info has been lost, the books in the new Kindle library all have that reset to today's date. I'm hoping to use the dates added as seen on the device library, ideally without manually copying each date as it's hundreds of books. Using the original dates is really important to me in terms of how I navigate the library.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
jhex6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:14 AM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
GetFileName might be able to get the original filedate and store it to a custom column, you can then use search&replace to copy it to the Calibre date column.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Today at 07:16 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert