Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 11:45 AM   #1
Lucaman89
Lucaman89 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 black
[Kindle 4 black] Can't install Mkk and Kual

Hi all,
i just purchased from a friends this Kindle 4 black, used but looks brand new.
I didn't set an amazon account and not registered the device with my amazon account, i want to jailbreak it and install Duokan.
The first thing I do, is jailbreak it, pretty easy, after the procedure I have a new book that say tha i'm jailbroken.
After that I want to install Kual and Mkk, so I install Mkk as an update using this file:
Code:
Update_mkk-20141129-k4-ALL_install.bin
after a reboot I put:
Code:
KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2
inside my documents, but when i select it it says:
Code:
This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item
tried to reinstall Mkk, but Kual give me the same error.
What can I do?
If you need further information don't hesitate
Old 08-29-2016, 12:13 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
You said the D word.
And I will get this moved to the proper forum.
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
Lucaman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You said the D word.
And I will get this moved to the proper forum.
Thanks! What is the proper forum?

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Now moved.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 08-29-2016, 04:35 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
*) Register the device
*) Once registered, don't change the registration status (it wipes the developer keys)
*) Doukan is not compatible with our jail break, or our keys.
*) Doukan is not one of our projects here, use the new owners (miui.com) of the Doukan project for support questions.
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 05:29 PM   #6
Lucaman89

It's mandatory to register it? I buy it from a friend, but it was already used by another owner, and the device is listed by amazon as lost/robbed. And only the original owner can change it, since I don't know who the original owner is, what can I do?

Old 08-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucaman89 View Post
It's mandatory to register it? I buy it from a friend, but it was already used by another owner, and the device is listed by amazon as lost/robbed. And only the original owner can change it, since I don't know who the original owner is, what can I do?

Sell it for parts on e-bay.

And no, the not even the original owner can get Amazon to change its status as a blacklisted device.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucaman89 View Post
Well, you probably should have been more careful when you bought it.

But it is too late now, I suppose. Still, you can make do by fake registering it -- as long as you don't connect to WiFi, the Kindle will think it is registered and therefore respond properly to things like the Kindlet and collections systems.

See here for an example discussion about creating a fake reginfo file: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87336
Old 08-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

That example is for a K2 and yours is a K4 - two firmware versions later.
By the time of the K5, they had dropped the xml format reginfo file for a plain text key=value format file.

You should probably look at yours to see which format it is before blindly replacing it.

But you should ignore all of that, since you know it was stolen.
By forum rules and practice, we can't contribute to illegal activities, sell it for parts.

Last edited by knc1; 08-29-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
True -- I couldn't find details for the K4, but the firmware is more similar to the 2.x/3.x firmware, so I figured it is better to try that.

If anyone can verify what that file looks like on a K4 that would be great.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:47 AM   #11
Lucaman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Well, you probably should have been more careful when you bought it.

But it is too late now, I suppose. Still, you can make do by fake registering it -- as long as you don't connect to WiFi, the Kindle will think it is registered and therefore respond properly to things like the Kindlet and collections systems.

See here for an example discussion about creating a fake reginfo file: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87336
Thanks for the info, I will try it, when I get home

Old 08-30-2016, 03:13 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice

Please note that our forum policy does not permit people to provide assistance with blacklisted devices.

Thread closed.

Closed Thread