Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 04:49 AM   #1
Old-T
Old-T began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Why has Calibre started to create two directories for each auto imported book?

I have Calibre watch a directory for books magically appears. I made a small python script to check for directories without any number in, i.e. a book title that isn't imported in Calibre.

A lot of diretctories!

Thsi is something that started sometime in April.

Anyone else has seen this?

Calibre 4.2 running on Ubuntu 18.04
-------------
This morning for example, three books had appeared in the watch directory...

These three were imported into Calibre, but when I when the authors directory there are:
BookTitle
BookTitle(NNNNN)

for each of the three books.

In the first directory (without the numbers) there are three files:
BookTitle - Author.epub
BookTitle - Author.jpg
BookTitle - Author.opt

In the directory with the numbers there are three files:
cover.jpg
metadata.opf
BookTitle - Author.epub

The book imported in Calibre is linked to the directory with the numbers.
Old-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre never creates directories in its author folders that dont have numbers in brackets. Probably you have something else going on, a file sync or networked filesystem or similar.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2019, 07:56 AM   #3
Old-T
Old-T began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre never creates directories in its author folders that dont have numbers in brackets. Probably you have something else going on, a file sync or networked filesystem or similar.
Hmm...
I wonder if LazyLibrarian copies complete book to both the watch directory AND the Calibre directory...

Well, over to next subreddit :-)
Old-T is offline   Reply With Quote