Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 09:27 AM   #1
OhShoot
OhShoot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th Gen
Lightbulb How I unbricked my Kindle

A few years ago, I accidentally bricked my Kindle while performing a factory reset.
I have also seen this happen due to several other reasons.

After a painful troubleshooting process, I managed to fix a device which was deemed "unrepairable" by many repair shops due to Amazon's highly descriptive error codes (Repair Code 2 = "Your Kindle Needs Repairing").

I wrote a guide on how to replicate the steps I followed to unbrick the device due to the lack of information online. I basically figured everything out by tinkering myself.

I have finally posted it online, as I believe it can be a valuable resource for anyone in the same situation I was in. This is all about our right to repair.

Also, this isn't any kind of self promotion, as I don't offer any kind of repair service and I'm in no way an expert.

As always, follow at your own risk. I hope it helps someone!

How I fixed a bricked Kindle:https://github.com/OhShoot01/Unbrick-Kindle

Please, include a link to my GitHub profile if you decide to share this guide.
OhShoot is offline   Reply With Quote