Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 10:28 AM   #1
AfterInk
AfterInk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Upgrade from Kindle Paperwhite 2

Hi everyone! After 6 years of using a Paperwhite 2, I am thinking of buying a new ereader. I work as a curator and doing my phd in history so much of the books I read are in this space and sometimes I also write and read Science fiction. Right now I read a lot of pdfs, mostly A5 or B5 dimension for page so I am not that inclined for buying a ereader with more than 8 inches, mostly for keeping the size down and not taking a lot of space in my backpack. I had come across lately over a few devices wich I thing are a good choice for me. I am talking about
Kobo Libra 2 colour,
Pocketbook Era and
Kindle Paperwhite 6’8.

What is the better choice? Most of the books i have are offline and I tend to get a lot of the ebook off-store so mostly i will sideload, or maybe put it in a cloud solution. I have seen a Kobo Clara BW and i kind of liked a lot the screen and the speed of it, also it could be a choice if not for the small screen.
AfterInk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterInk View Post
HI have seen a Kobo Clara BW and i kind of liked a lot the screen and the speed of it, also it could be a choice if not for the small screen.
The Kobo Sage is 8″. Unfortunately the good Kobo Libra 2 7″ is discontinued and no FCC of new models yet.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #3
AfterInk
AfterInk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The Kobo Sage is 8″. Unfortunately the good Kobo Libra 2 7″ is discontinued and no FCC of new models yet.
Well, Sage looks like a Libra on steroids. And I was suggesting the colour version of Libra 2, but from what I have read around here, the screen is not that good as a B&W variant.
AfterInk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:38 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterInk View Post
Hi everyone! After 6 years of using a Paperwhite 2, I am thinking of buying a new ereader. I work as a curator and doing my phd in history so much of the books I read are in this space and sometimes I also write and read Science fiction. Right now I read a lot of pdfs, mostly A5 or B5 dimension for page so I am not that inclined for buying a ereader with more than 8 inches, mostly for keeping the size down and not taking a lot of space in my backpack. I had come across lately over a few devices wich I thing are a good choice for me. I am talking about
Kobo Libra 2 colour,
Pocketbook Era and
Kindle Paperwhite 6’8.

What is the better choice? Most of the books i have are offline and I tend to get a lot of the ebook off-store so mostly i will sideload, or maybe put it in a cloud solution. I have seen a Kobo Clara BW and i kind of liked a lot the screen and the speed of it, also it could be a choice if not for the small screen.
The Kindle Scribe would be decent for PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote