Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
saykhong
saykhong began at the beginning.

Device: none
Photographer 'ebook/table'

I'm no pro in getting a book, but because I read alot of books with colorful pictures in it, I need a expert's opinion on a recommendation on a ebook that is rather easy to use, cheap and best of all, pleasing to the eyes.

Thank you for your time!
saykhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
A tablet. iPad or GT , maybe Xoom. Forget eink devices, they cannot provide color at this time.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just for clarification, what you want is an eBook reader. An eBook is the actual book that you read on the reader.

I'd second the recommendation for something like an iPad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:58 AM   #4
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
iPad! I'm a photographer too and LOVE to read books with colour photos and so. I read books on my iPhone, which I love, but iPad gives a bit more screen :-)
E-ink might be better but for me it would not do it. It would be less fun.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'd go for the Xoom and most certainly not the Ipad. The Xoom has a larger screen and isn't locked into one company.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
saykhong and welcome to Mobileread ....

Not too sure the suggestions will be cheap, though .... (unless the price of iPad1 suffers because of iPad2)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'd go for the Xoom and most certainly not the Ipad. The Xoom has a larger screen and isn't locked into one company.
That's a misconception. the Os is different but you are not locked to any device, that also applies to Android.

I have a Galaxy Tab. I have an iPad 2. How are you going to be locked into Apple if the bookstore itself dictates what reader you will use? I buy from Amazon and I can read those books on my Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, PC and iPad 2.

Xoom is a valid choice but iPad would be perfect out of the box with more apps already there for the device. There are not many ereader apps ready for Honeycomb, not at this moment.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
The iPad certainly doesn't lock you into one company, as far as content goes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #9
saykhong
saykhong began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks you guys for the advice, really will consider getting the ipad, Hopefully by the time, Ipad 2 reaches singapore, Ipad prices would drop.
saykhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by saykhong View Post
Thanks you guys for the advice, really will consider getting the ipad, Hopefully by the time, Ipad 2 reaches singapore, Ipad prices would drop.
Why an ipad2? you can get a 1st gen model now and for less ...

By the way, Zinio for iOs is fantastic and they have lot of Photographic Magazines on sale.