Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 03:28 AM   #1
sarigabor
Enthusiast
sarigabor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Increase Bookmark icon size

My device is Kindle PW1 and use KOReader v2019.12

If the page is bookmarked, the icon in up-right corner is very small (dogear.png).

How do increase the size of this icon?
sarigabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:27 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarigabor View Post
My device is Kindle PW1 and use KOReader v2019.12

If the page is bookmarked, the icon in up-right corner is very small (dogear.png).

How do increase the size of this icon?
if I am not mistaken, create a new icon to your liking and put it in place of the one that's there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
sarigabor
Enthusiast

Thank you for your tip, but not working... After changed icon (200px) the icon size on screen is unchanged (original size is 20px).
Old 01-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5777 for a related discussion, if that's not you. ^_^
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #5
sarigabor
Enthusiast

Thanks, I'm the questioner there too
Advert
Old 06-16-2024, 11:48 AM   #6
Moloch981
Moloch981 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I'm resurrecting this old thread because I would like that too.

The dogear icon in Koreader is so small, I'd like it a bit bigger.

For comparison, I attach 2 images: 1 is Koreader, 2 the default Kobo interface

I tried looking at the page linked above, but it seems that the focus shifts to other issues at some point and the thread gets closed because the OP is happy with an alternative solution.

I still don't know how you can enlarge the icon that to me it seems too tiny (if it's even possible to).

Thanks

Last edited by Moloch981; 06-16-2024 at 11:49 AM. Reason: typo
Moloch981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 02:02 PM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I believe it scales (or did at some point) with the margin size.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 02:52 PM   #8
Moloch981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I believe it scales (or did at some point) with the margin size.
Ok

I think I have set up quite large margins (a lot of white space at the top) as you can see in the photo, but the icon is still very small...

I suppose there's no way to "fix" it then.
Old 06-16-2024, 07:27 PM   #9
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Easiest but temporary solution is this.
Go to koreader folder, then frontend/apps/reader/modules/readerdogear.lua.
Find this line (around line 77 on current nightly -2024.04-186):

Code:
    local new_dogear_size = math.min(self.dogear_max_size, math.max(self.dogear_min_size, margin))
Add a multiplier after the equal sign, something like:

Code:
    local new_dogear_size = 3*math.min(self.dogear_max_size, math.max(self.dogear_min_size, margin))
For example, I multiplied by 3, you can choose the one that fits you.

Solution is temporary, because after update you would need to do this again.
Unless someone can make a user-patch for that...
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 07:28 PM   #10
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
P.S. don't forget to restart koreader after each change if you doing this while KOReader is open.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 03:15 PM   #11
Moloch981

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try
Old 06-20-2024, 01:37 AM   #12
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Please try the attached userpatch: remove 'txt' extension, put it to koreader/patches.
If it works, you can change '2' in line 5 to the bigger size.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2-dogear-big.lua.txt (226 Bytes, 20 views)
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 06:50 AM   #13
greentea
Enthusiast
greentea began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Please try the attached userpatch: remove 'txt' extension, put it to koreader/patches.
Ok, so beautiful Kobo bookmark in KOReader (in correct size): check.
On unrelated note - is there any custom patch that can tell the reader to NOT touch already bold fonts when increasing font weight? Default behaviour looks just simply awful...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2024-06-20_124059.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	209052  
greentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 09:26 AM   #14
Ebookus
Digital Grenadier
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
The margin limitation still kicks in and limits the size of the dog ear, in other words, patch does not work unless you change the margins, which I personally don't want to do.

that black in the background of the page makes it look better, I wish KOReader could introduce that too, the shadow too but that I am not too bothered about.
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 03:39 PM   #15
Moloch981

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Easiest but temporary solution is this.
Go to koreader folder, then frontend/apps/reader/modules/readerdogear.lua.
Find this line (around line 77 on current nightly -2024.04-186):

Code:
    local new_dogear_size = math.min(self.dogear_max_size, math.max(self.dogear_min_size, margin))
Add a multiplier after the equal sign, something like:

Code:
    local new_dogear_size = 3*math.min(self.dogear_max_size, math.max(self.dogear_min_size, margin))
For example, I multiplied by 3, you can choose the one that fits you.

Solution is temporary, because after update you would need to do this again.
Unless someone can make a user-patch for that...
the solution in post #9 worked for me and made the dogear icon bigger on Koreader (I multiplied by 3 too).

I tried also what hius07 was suggesting in their post, but the result was that the icon overlapped some letters of the text in the upper right corner.

I would like to be able to have the "beautiful Kobo bookmark in KOReader", as greentea says in their post (that is, the icon in my photo #2 and the photo attached to their post), that would be the best outcome for me. Any ideas how that could be possible?
If not, I'm already satisfied with having now a bigger icon than before. (I understand I will have to fix it again with a new update)

Thanks!

Last edited by Moloch981; 06-24-2024 at 03:43 PM.

Tags
#bookmark_icon_size