Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-24-2021, 06:31 PM   #1
Karluzz
Karluzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quaderno A4 vs Boox Note Air for academic papers

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a device to read academic papers, in order to avoid printing tons of documents, since I suffer from eye strain for reading at my laptop.

I'm not sure whether to buy a Boox Note Air, or a Quaderno A4. I'm wondering if the 10.3" display of the Air is enough to read comfortably papers all day, especially two-columns ones. On the other hand, Quaderno A4 is 13.3" and costs about the same, but it's less versatile.

In particular, I could use Air to look for articles, and not just read them, or even use it as a drawing pad for conferences.

Is there anyone who has experience with any of them for reading academic paper?

p.s. I know that Max3 would probably be perfect, but it is unfortunately too expensive for me.
Karluzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:53 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karluzz View Post
I am looking for a device to read academic papers, in order to avoid printing tons of documents, since I suffer from eye strain for reading at my laptop.

I'm not sure whether to buy a Boox Note Air, or a Quaderno A4.
For this purpose, I would suggest a Likebook Alita instead of a Boox Note Air.
The strength of the Boox Note Air is in my opinion the landscape format ability, which is hardly needed when you use it.
The strength of the Likebook Alita is the SD card connection, which can expand the storage by up to 512 GB - with the Boox Note air you are limited to 23 GB.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2021, 04:36 AM   #3
Karluzz
Karluzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Thank you for your feedback!
What about the screen size? Is it comfortable to read a lot of pdfs on Likebook Alita?
Karluzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:29 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karluzz View Post
Thank you for your feedback!
What about the screen size? Is it comfortable to read a lot of pdfs on Likebook Alita?
Screensize: 10.3 inch - but Mobius Screen, same as Note 3.
I use Likebook Alita for (handwritten) notes and comments in music notes, pdf books, etc. - and in areas where I need a lot of storage.
The Boox Note Air for general computer use (landscape format) outside when it is light, in sunshine, with a bluetooth keyboard - also for drawing, because the Boox software can do more in this regard.
But due to the rather limited storage space, the Note Air has to be synchronized with the workstation at more or less regular intervals.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:09 PM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaKind22 View Post
Is Boox Note Air suitable for general computer use? I use it on the e-book and everything is ok, but on the computer it slows down. who had this problem?
I don't understand - this part of the quote is not mine and I don't know what it is supposed to mean
Quote:
or employee monitoring software can do more in this regard.
Advert
Old 04-08-2021, 02:22 PM   #6
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I don't understand - this part of the quote is not mine and I don't know what it is supposed to mean
It's a link to a website. It's spam they buried in your quote in the hope that no one would notice.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote