Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #1
fmcandclc
fmcandclc began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi n647
kobo wifi n647 firmware

Hi, does anyone have the firmware image for the sd card for the N647?
fmcandclc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, and there is a whole thread devoted to it. Plus sending a PM and starting a thread about it is a bit overkill.

In any case, PM sent with a link.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
fmcandclc

Thanks for the post. i've trawled through hundreds of posts trying to find a link

however, can't find your PM - how do I access it?
Old 08-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It's in the User CP found at the top of screen under the MobileRead logo, then Private Messages see List Messages
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
fmcandclc

My message list is empty, any chance you could please send it again?

Many thanks
Advert
Old 08-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You'll need to wait for David; I don't have the required link.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmcandclc View Post
My message list is empty, any chance you could please send it again?
I don't know what happened to it. I remember writing it, but it isn't in my sent PMs. In any case, I have sent one now.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:54 PM   #8
Notechy
Notechy began at the beginning.

Device: KoboN647
Smile I need a little help please :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, and there is a whole thread devoted to it. Plus sending a PM and starting a thread about it is a bit overkill.

In any case, PM sent with a link.
Hi everyone, I'm not super knowledgeable about this but I have a kobo N647 I was trying to start using it and I did the factory reset, I think I bricked it because it completely stopped responding to the desktop app.

Wondering if you guys could guide me as to how to fix it. I see you guys talk about an image that i could use to restore it but I don't have the SD card. Is there any other way I could fix it? Thank you so much for your patience in advance.
Notechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:26 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notechy View Post
Hi everyone, I'm not super knowledgeable about this but I have a kobo N647 I was trying to start using it and I did the factory reset, I think I bricked it because it completely stopped responding to the desktop app.

Wondering if you guys could guide me as to how to fix it. I see you guys talk about an image that i could use to restore it but I don't have the SD card. Is there any other way I could fix it? Thank you so much for your patience in advance.
There is a fair chance that a manual factory reset will get it going again. But, I don't know how to do this for the WiFi. There are probably instructions somewhere.

As to the SD card, these devices have an internal SD card. The image we have can be written to this card, or a new on, and then put the card back in the device. You can look at Memory Upgrade Mod Guide to see how it is done for Glo and whether you want to try. The main difference is how to open the device. I have sent a PM with the link to the image to try.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:50 AM   #10
anct2019@gmail.c
anct2019@gmail.c began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO WIFI N 647
Kobo Wifi N647 firmware

Hi David, please help me, I need Kobo Wifi N647 firmware, due to my KOBO WIFI is not booting up.
Thanks a lot David
anct2019@gmail.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:10 PM   #11
jojoh
jojoh began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
COULD I ALSO HAVE IT PLEASE?/
jojoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:11 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

YES. PM SENT.

And for the record, all caps is generally considered to be shouting. Which is considered to be rude. As is asking the same question multiple times without giving enough time for someone to actually reply.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:03 PM   #13
itsgp4u
itsgp4u began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Hello David
Can you please send me the Kobo N647 WiFi SD image for the internal SD card. I know how to open the device. Thank you
itsgp4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:13 PM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in reply to the first post.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:42 PM   #15
MonkeySanti
MonkeySanti began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Hello I have Kobo N647 that's also bricked, can I please have image to fix it. Thank you.
MonkeySanti is offline   Reply With Quote