Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2024, 12:35 PM   #1
sp8996
sp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Basic Kindle 10th Gen
Post Jailbreak on 5.14.3.0.1 Firmware

Hi all,
I'm using 5.14.3.0.1 on KT4. Which jailbreak should I use? And do I need to update to some specific firmware version before jailbreak?
Thanks in advance.
sp8996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM   #2
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8996 View Post
Hi all,
I'm using 5.14.3.0.1 on KT4. Which jailbreak should I use? And do I need to update to some specific firmware version before jailbreak?
Thanks in advance.
The LanguageBreak jailbreak method should work with your current firmware version. There is no need to update from the version you’re on, however if you elect to do so, be sure not to update to a later firmware than 5.16.2.1.1, as many things have changed in the underlying framework after that version and homebrew apps don’t work.
BionicGecko is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hi all,
Thanks in advance.
Why is it called KT4 when it's actually the Kindle Basic 3 (aka KB3)?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #4
sp8996
sp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheesesp8996 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
The LanguageBreak jailbreak method should work with your current firmware version. There is no need to update from the version you’re on, however if you elect to do so, be sure not to update to a later firmware than 5.16.2.1.1, as many things have changed in the underlying framework after that version and homebrew apps don’t work.
Ok I will give language break a try. And also which KUAL should I use?
Old Today, 12:07 AM   #5
sp8996

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is it called KT4 when it's actually the Kindle Basic 3 (aka KB3)?
Sorry I don't know that. But in the wiki it's mentioned that serial number starting with G090WH is KT4 and also K5. Don't know why it's named in such a way.
Advert
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Sorry I don't know that. But in the wiki it's mentioned that serial number starting with G090WH is KT4 and also K5. Don't know why it's named in such a way.
The original Kindle Touch was not a Basic. But when it became the Kindle basic, it should have been called KB on up to KB3

Because if it's going to be called KT4, then All Kindles with a touch screen should be called some variation of Kindle Touch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:27 PM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The original Kindle Touch was not a Basic. But when it became the Kindle basic, it should have been called KB on up to KB3

Because if it's going to be called KT4, then All Kindles with a touch screen should be called some variation of Kindle Touch.
You've been told many times that for Kindle Developer's Corner purposes, especially in a jailbreaking context, that the Kindle Serial Numbers mobilread wiki page is the definitive source of kindle model nicknames for identification. This is to maximize clarity and minimize miscommunication.

Please stop injecting your disruptive nonsense into support threads.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
JSWolf is well known as a troll on mobileread.

You are correct to use the wiki page to find the nickname for your kindle, which is KT4. K5 refers to particular hardware used by a family of models. (I would write hardware generation, but that would open a different can of worms.)
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
#kt4