Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #1
kay-466
kay-466 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to force dark mode in [google] Lookup/search (Ctrl-L)

Hello,

Recently The Lookup feature in calibre reader is not using the default dark theme of chrome.

This used to work previously, and I have no Idea how to change it back

Additional Info:

OS Fedora KDE Linux

Calibre Version 7.13

Chrome Theme QT - System (Although I tried all possible combinations with no luck)

Any help is appreciated

Cheers
(Image of the issue on reddit where I asked the same question)
kay-466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No clue, there haven't been any changes to it calibre side so presumably google changed something. I did notice that for a while google search was not dark in my browser as well, though that started working again.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I toggled the dark mode setting to on and then back to device in the google web search settings (while logged out of google in my normal browser) and after that google was using dark mode in the lookup panel as well.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:06 AM   #4
kay-466
kay-466 began at the beginning.

Device: none
For anyone looking for a fix :
I was able to fix this by going to Look Up In ----> Google Search (Instead of google dictionary)
Which revealed the settings option of google. I could manually change the theme to dark, just as you would in google, from there.

I guess the issue happened because I was signed out of my account.

When I try to log back in I get the following error from google

"This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more
Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can try again to sign in."

Although I don't care much about being logged in I thought I should mention this, In case this is a issue that needs to be fixed.

PS: Thanks a lot for your work on Caliber. It's such a joy to use
kay-466 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help calbire