Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-01-2022, 02:35 PM   #1
ebookscovers
Enthusiast
ebookscovers began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad mini 2
ePub endnotes

Hi there. having an issue putting endnotes at the end of an ebook. at the moment i have them at the end of each chapter. author wants them end of book.
here's the thing, if I have the ebook as one text file, the end notes are at the end of the book, however I have to split the chapters up which is always required of any ebook for the table of contents, thats when the end notes appear after each chapter.
Question is how do I put the endnotes at the end of the book, while keeping the chapters separate for the ebook??

I want to minimise the work as the authors editor has already done the 200 endnotes/cross ref in the book and I don't want manually have to adjust each one.

thanks

Dave
ebookscovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:11 PM   #2
skreutzer
Software Developer
skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Have the endnotes as the last "chapter"/file?
skreutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2022, 03:56 PM   #3
ebookscovers
Enthusiast

In sigil I cut endnotes from each chapter and pasted to the back of the ebook. when I click on the endnote at the back it takes me to the correct area. however I cannot click back to the same endnotes reference at the back.
I get error of Fragment identifier is not defined for each one. here is one:

feel stronger”</span><span class="char-Normal-Local-74"><sup><sup><a id="box1_noteref_237" class="nostyle" href="../Text/Flow_1.xhtml#box1_footnote_237">10</a></sup></sup></span><span class="char-Normal-Local-66"><br/></span></p>
Old 03-01-2022, 04:03 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookscovers View Post
In sigil I cut endnotes from each chapter and pasted to the back of the ebook. when I click on the endnote at the back it takes me to the correct area. however I cannot click back to the same endnotes reference at the back.
I get error of Fragment identifier is not defined for each one. here is one:

feel stronger”</span><span class="char-Normal-Local-74"><sup><sup><a id="box1_noteref_237" class="nostyle" href="../Text/Flow_1.xhtml#box1_footnote_237">10</a></sup></sup></span><span class="char-Normal-Local-66"><br/></span></p>
You are going to have to correct the Flow_1.xhtml to the correct filename for the file in which the footnotes exist.

That is, when you click/tap/whatever on the superscripted 10, it is attempting to go to #box1_footnote_237 in the Flow_1.xhtml file.

You should be able to do this with a regex.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:24 PM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Curious to know why you an excess of span's and sup's?
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2022, 05:29 PM   #6
ebookscovers
Enthusiast

Problem solved I think

thanks now I have it and managed to link both ways. changed the file name and worked perfectly.