Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-29-2020, 05:52 AM   #1
increase
Connoisseur
increase began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Errors Using plugins with Sigil

If I use epubcheck with a ttf font I receive an error 'css error font not allowed here'

So I changed it to an otf and received no error, but then when I ran the kindlegen plugin I receive

Warning: CFF/Type1 (Postscript) font found: Georgia.otf
Warning: CFF/Type1 (Postscript) font found: Petrock.otf

If I then change to ttf fonts the kindlegen plugin has no errors, but the error is back in epub?
increase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:43 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by increase View Post
If I use epubcheck with a ttf font I receive an error 'css error font not allowed here'
There was most likely an error in your CSS file. Please post the line that EPUBCheck complained about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by increase View Post
[...] when I ran the kindlegen plugin I receive

Warning: CFF/Type1 (Postscript) font found: Georgia.otf
Warning: CFF/Type1 (Postscript) font found: Petrock.otf
This message is being displayed because the KindleGen command line tool will complain about CFF/Type1 (Postscript) fonts.

According to the Kindle Publishing Guidelines:

Quote:
10.3.8 Using Embedded Fonts

Kindle supports embedded fonts within the eBook. These fonts can be either Open Type(OTF)or True Type (TTF). Kindle does not recommend the use of Type 1 (Postscript) fonts.
(If the files is intended for your own personal use, you can ignore it.)

If you have additional plugin questions, please post them in the KindleGen plugin thread.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
@increase. You really need to take a step back and learn the basics of how epubs are made before jumping right into the deep end of the advanced pool. There's lots of tutorials about embedding fonts, and lots of advice in the kindle format forum about how to best prepare epubs for conversion to Kindlebooks. Start slow and simple.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:08 AM   #4
increase
Connoisseur
increase began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Well I managed to get my Book published in epub and paperback, thank you to all that helped me.
increase is offline   Reply With Quote