Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 01:05 AM   #1
ronslam
ronslam began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
installation disappears

I can only install a plug-in via the Preferences\Change Calibre behavior\Advanced\Plugins\Load plugin from file method and it says Sucessfully Installed. However when I look under Preferences\Get plugins to enhance calibre\Filter\Installed it is not there (and behaves as if not installed). Where has it gone and how do I install? (Calibre 4.1 64 bit)
ronslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:53 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A particular plugin or all plugins?

Have you done a calibre restart (Ctrl+R) - must restart calibre after installing any plugins, you should have got a popup with the restart option.

Otherwise have a look in Preferences->Miscellaneous->Open calibre configuration directory->plugins.

Added: maybe you don't get the Restart popup if you install from a file. But you still need to do a restart.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-16-2019 at 02:43 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2019, 02:53 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
A particular plugin or all plugins?

Have you done a calibre restart (Ctrl+R) - must restart calibre after installing any plugins, you should have got a popup with the restart option.

Otherwise have a look in Preferences->Miscellaneous->Open calibre configuration directory->plugins.

Added: maybe you don't get the Restart popup if you install from a file. But you still need to do a restart.

BR
BR The Get Plugins option only shows (MR) INDEXED plugins. If the OP is installing one ONLY from another source, it will not show there.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:27 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Read what the OP wrote "... via the Preferences\Change Calibre behavior\Advanced\Plugins\Load plugin from file method..."

That's why added a caveat, in Added, which you quoted.

AFAIK - all optional plugins get installed to the config\plugins folder irrespective of source.

BR
Old 10-16-2019, 05:57 AM   #5
ronslam

plugin

Yes - I've restarted calibre several times.
The relevant plugin is DeDRM
It shows up under "Change calibre behavior" but clearly is not doing what I expect.
Also does NOT show up under installed plugins
Advert
Old 10-16-2019, 07:46 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I don't use that plugin, hopefully someone who does will be able to help.

However, I do have other plugins that are not in the "MR INDEX". They are in the Preferences->Miscellaneous->Open calibre configuration directory->plugins folder and they appear in the list of installed plugins.

BR
Old 10-16-2019, 08:11 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronslam View Post
It shows up under "Change calibre behavior" but clearly is not doing what I expect.
You'll need to go back to the blog and post your problem with the plugin so you can get help.

I run an older version under Calibre 4.1 and it works no problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I think you are looking for the plugin in the wrong place. In the "Get Plugins" dialog, only plugins that are listed in the "Index of Plugins" are shown. This is not one of them. To see the plugin, go to the Preferences and then Plugins. In the main list, look for the plugin. It is a "File type" plugin, so it is within that group. It won't appear anywhere else as, beyond the configuration, it has no user interaction. "File type" plugin act each time you add a book to calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Read what the OP wrote "... via the Preferences\Change Calibre behavior\Advanced\Plugins\Load plugin from file method..."

That's why added a caveat, in Added, which you quoted.

AFAIK - all optional plugins get installed to the config\plugins folder irrespective of source.

BR
Unless I missed what he meant:
His wording was 'under installed plugins', which led me to believe this was his check that it had been installed.
That is found in the Get plugins tool. The place to check is IN the same place he used to install it. It will show under the category.

Since the OP mentioned the PI's name (use), He needs to take functioning and use questions BACK to where he got it. We can't provide detailed help with DRM removal issues.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #10
ronslam

Thanks all. What you are saying about where it appears makes sense (although not very intuitive). So how do I know if it works? I cant convert the file(book) as it still has its DRM and I cant view it as there is no associated application for .kfx-zip
Old 10-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks all. What you are saying about where it appears makes sense (although not very intuitive). So how do I know if it works? I cant convert the file(book) as it still has its DRM and I cant view it as there is no associated application for .kfx-zip
ASK at Alf's place.
NOT here at MR (you will get banned)
Old 10-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #12
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
So how do I know if it works? I cant convert the file(book) as it still has its DRM and I cant view it as there is no associated application for .kfx-zip
Help with DRM removal is not allowed on this site.

As others have written, you need to ask for help and instructions from the place where you obtained that plugin.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:22 AM   #13
ronslam

Fair enough. My mistake. At least I now know why it "disappears". Thanks all for your help
Old 10-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #14
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
one suggestion we can make here ( given that the plug in works for many others) is that you completely remove it, close and re-open calibre then carefully put it back again, following its install instructions exactly. I believe it comes with instructions.

if it still fails then go back to the other place for more help
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plugin visibility