Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-30-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Go to Specific Author in Library View

I have had a look in the manual and searched the forums but not found an answer.

Is there a simple way of going to a specific Author, line number or Title in Library view? I do not mean selecting an Author or Title. I mean going to a specific point in the list. From there all the books in the library should be available by either scrolling up or down.

I am currently working my way through the cover grid for a specific type of book, which I can only tell from the cover. I never tagged for this type of book. Never thought I would use it

I know I could scroll down to the author etc. and will do that if I have to, but I am hoping there is a better way.

Thanks
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quickview (Q) with the cursor focus on the Author (also works with other 1 to many fields)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Thasaidon - you could also try this:
  • Check the Preferences->Searching->Show a quick toggle button to switch between highlighting and restricting results next to the Search bar setting. That will put a button to the right of the search bar labelled 'Highlight' or 'Filter'.
  • Search for the author as you normally would
  • When the button is toggled to 'Filter' you'll only see that author's books
  • When it's toggled to 'Highlight' you'll see all the books, with that author's books highlighted in green. You can move to next highlighted book with 'N' or 'F3', and to previous highlighted book with 'Shift+N' or 'Shift+F3'.
BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-30-2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: clarity
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:54 PM   #4
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you BetterRed and the Ducks I should have known both of you would come up with something.

Those are most useful tips and I will be giving them a try to see which suits best.

I love the Calibre program, use it nearly every day for hours at a time but it is so powerful and versatile that I doubt if even Kovid knows all the tricks of using it. It certainly would be a herculean task to document all the tips and tricks that users may want to use in Calibre.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Thank you BetterRed and the Ducks I should have known both of you would come up with something.

Those are most useful tips and I will be giving them a try to see which suits best.

I love the Calibre program, use it nearly every day for hours at a time but it is so powerful and versatile that I doubt if even Kovid knows all the tricks of using it. It certainly would be a herculean task to document all the tips and tricks that users may want to use in Calibre.
Then you use Quickview, you can sort the results by any column shown
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 04:40 AM   #6
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Then you use Quickview, you can sort the results by any column shown
Thanks for the extra info. I will be using both Betterred's and your tips.

Your tip will better for another job I have in mind, while Betterred's is better for the job I have in hand.

Two things learned in one day. Whoo!

And thanks again to both of you.