Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #1
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
Case sensitive tags and metadata?

I tried searching for this but nothing was really coming up.

There are instances where I might need two tags or options in a metadata field that are the same word, but with different capitalization. For example "fish" and "Fish" in which the former refers to the animal and the latter refers to a proper noun. I need these things separate, but Calibre merges them.

Are there any settings, tweaks, or plugins that would allow me to make tags and metadata case sensitive?
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
No

It is worse.
you have a book tagged fish, then you import a book tagged Fish: The case changes for all books to the last case imported.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2018, 10:40 PM   #3
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
I was afraid of that. As a temporary measure, I put an asterisk after the proper name, which did work to separate the two, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to rely on that.

As for the latter issue, that's at least something I don't have to deal with. Regardless of whether my books are ebooks or hard copies, I always add empty book entries first and then manually input all of the metadata and attach the files I want if there are any. Perhaps it takes longer this way, but it allows me full control over my metadata. For me it's easier to spend more time on it in the beginning than to go through and edit everything that I don't like from an import.

Thanks very much for the information and quick reply.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote