Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-11-2015, 07:13 AM   #1
Momo03
Momo03 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
TOC from files is not working or shown on the kindle?

I am currently creating azw3-eBooks from a certain Harry-Potter-Fanfiction, so I can read it on my Kindle 4 instead in a webbrowser.

I have more or less no knowledge of html at all, but I have some basic programming knowledge, so I usually understand such structures with little explanation. I started my learning by correcting and improving existing ebooks.

So far it's all fine and shiny, I have already created two long ebooks with more than 20 chapters each. I'm getting along with the styles and so on.

But I am having problems with the toc. I have created separated files for each chapter, and used the option to create the TOC from the files.

The TOC looks fine in the editor and in the calibre-viewer, too. All links are working there.

But when I load any of these eBooks on my kindle 4, the TOC is neither shown in the "go to"-section, nor can I jump forward or backward from chapter to chapter.

Only the Title-Page and the first chapter can be accessed by pressing "left" and "right".

Any ideas why the TOC is not recognized by the kindle?
Momo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo03 View Post
I am currently creating azw3-eBooks from a certain Harry-Potter-Fanfiction, so I can read it on my Kindle 4 instead in a webbrowser.

I have more or less no knowledge of html at all, but I have some basic programming knowledge, so I usually understand such structures with little explanation. I started my learning by correcting and improving existing ebooks.

So far it's all fine and shiny, I have already created two long ebooks with more than 20 chapters each. I'm getting along with the styles and so on.

But I am having problems with the toc. I have created separated files for each chapter, and used the option to create the TOC from the files.

The TOC looks fine in the editor and in the calibre-viewer, too. All links are working there.

But when I load any of these eBooks on my kindle 4, the TOC is neither shown in the "go to"-section, nor can I jump forward or backward from chapter to chapter.

Only the Title-Page and the first chapter can be accessed by pressing "left" and "right".

Any ideas why the TOC is not recognized by the kindle?
You created the NCX (TOC used by EPUB devices) , Now make an HTML TOC from that using Tools: Table of contents:Insert Inline TOC

Then move it to where you want it in the file list if Front is not your FAV
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle 4, toc