Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #1
smiley1081
smiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Cloning the contents of a device

Hello,
I had a look in the older threads, but I could not find anything related, so I created a new one... :-D

I am moving from an old Bookeen Cybook Opus to a new Kobo Glo HD that will arrive in a few days.

On the Opus I have 253 book.

How do I tell Calibre: "You see that 253 books? Copy them from the library to the new device!"

I do not want to copy them from a device to the other, because I think that a few books on the Opus are corrupted.

And my Calibre library contains 565 books, and I do not want ALL of them on the Glo...

Any idea on how to do it?

Thanks.
smiley1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley1081 View Post
Hello,
I had a look in the older threads, but I could not find anything related, so I created a new one... :-D

I am moving from an old Bookeen Cybook Opus to a new Kobo Glo HD that will arrive in a few days.

On the Opus I have 253 book.

How do I tell Calibre: "You see that 253 books? Copy them from the library to the new device!"

I do not want to copy them from a device to the other, because I think that a few books on the Opus are corrupted.

And my Calibre library contains 565 books, and I do not want ALL of them on the Glo...

Any idea on how to do it?

Thanks.
Tag em'

with the old device connected (and settled)
Search: ondevice:true
Select all
tap 'E' (bulk metadata edit): In add tag, assign a unique tag (Old_opus?)
OK

when the new one arrives, just select old_opus (tags:Old_opus) and send those
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or use the Reading List plugin to auto populate a list based on what's on a device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
smiley1081
smiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watchsmiley1081 is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Wow... That's easy...

Thanks!
smiley1081 is offline   Reply With Quote