Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 09:40 AM   #1
ammadeusy
ammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: pw3 & pw4
new kindle pw5 with factory version 5.16.7

Hello all,

i just bought the new kindle paperwhite 2024 (11th gen, PW5, G002 DK), which came with factory firmware 5.16.7. I searched in the forums and could not find any mention to this version, therefore I post here. Please let me know if this has been already discussed and I will gladly withdraw this post.

Since there are limitations to languagebreak post 5.16.2.1.1, should I wait for a new jailbreak on any given future or return the new kindle and keep my PW4?

I bought it based on the 17 leds and warm color configuration, expecting a smoother reading experience, but if no kual/koreader can be installed in any future landscape, makes no sense the upgrade.

Please advise. Thank you in advance.
ammadeusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:55 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadeusy View Post
Hello all,

i just bought the new kindle paperwhite 2024 (11th gen, PW5, G002 DK), which came with factory firmware 5.16.7. I searched in the forums and could not find any mention to this version, therefore I post here. Please let me know if this has been already discussed and I will gladly withdraw this post.

Since there are limitations to languagebreak post 5.16.2.1.1, should I wait for a new jailbreak on any given future or return the new kindle and keep my PW4?

I bought it based on the 17 leds and warm color configuration, expecting a smoother reading experience, but if no kual/koreader can be installed in any future landscape, makes no sense the upgrade.

Please advise. Thank you in advance.
It makes sense to upgrade because the screen of the PW4 is like reading in a dense fog. As for jailbreaking, there is no jailbreak for 5.16.7. There may be someday or there may never be. There's no way to know.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
jailbreak, pw5