Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2019, 06:08 AM   #1
BaronPampa
BaronPampa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905
Newer kernel on Kobo Mini/Touch/Glo?

Hi,

I'm able to run Marek's images on a Kobo Mini, I'm experimenting with other ones.
I'd like to get proficient enough to integrate some newer, changes, e.g. Giorgio multitouch driver. I'd also like to update the Linux kernel in it, so I can have access to modern software.

Is it even possible? Reading through Debian ARM documentation it seems that CPU is fully capable of running Debian Buster, but I don't know what's the blob situation.

Also, I've done a lot of digging, but I'm still unsure about how would I go about doing that. Once I have working configuration, is it just a matter of replacing the zImage and adding my own stuff to the startup scripts most of the various images around here have? I'd be grateful for a basic, high-level instruction on, let's say, how to replicate Marek's work.
BaronPampa is offline   Reply With Quote