Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I want Calibre to auto convert "&" in multiauthored books into "," (comma)

Some multi-author ebooks I possess separate the authors with the ampersand symbol (&). In Calibre, that's not a problem. But in Kobo Forma's listing of authors, it doesn't work very well.
Say I have a book written by Ashley Galloway and Mark Bentham. In my Forma, it will show up under Bentham, but not under Galloway.

I realized that I have to edit the author metadata from
Code:
Ashley Galloway & Mark Bentham
to
Code:
Ashley Galloway, Mark Bentham
Forma interprets the comma symbol correctly.

When I make this change, the book will now correctly appear both under Galloway and Bentham.

My question is: Is there a way for Calibre to automatically and smartly convert coauthored books with the ampersand symbol into commas?
Or: Is there a patch to make my Forma correctly interpret the ampersand symbol?

Last edited by droopy; 09-06-2019 at 05:37 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Already answered here.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert