Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #1
MidwestJen
MidwestJen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, K1 (ret), K2 (ret)
Exclamation Catalog: Section List Templates

When I went to make a catalog earlier today, I discovered that my template for the section list is no longer being applied. At first I assumed it had been overwritten, but it's the same one I've been using since 2015 (which I verified by checking a backup I had made of my customizations). Nothing else on my system has changed except for Calibre (and probably Windows) updates since my last catalog generation ... which was on Feb 4, 2019 where it came out correctly.

It's ONLY the section_list_templates.py file that isn't being applied. The descriptions ARE being changed per the template.xhtml (that was last edited at the same time as the section list file). Also my book jackets and custom icons are still all fine (not that it applies here, but still). It's only that one file - and only in that one spot. Unfortunately it's a spot I use to determine if I want to click through to the actual description.

In case there's a reason it's no longer working, this is the template (all sections are identical other than the section identifier):

Quote:
# Books by Author
by_authors_normal_title_template = '{title} ({#myrated}) - {#wordcount} - {#mystars}'
by_authors_series_title_template = '[{series_index}] {title} ({#myrated}) - {#wordcount} - {#mystars}'
I would really appreciate any help you can offer, I'm getting so frustrated because I just don't understand what changed - nor can I find any threads on it here.

Thanks!
MJ

PS: I even tried to copy the catalog folder straight into the calibre/resources folder (vs the roaming dir where it points you for config) - no dice. I just get the title of the story and a date of publication (if it has one). I thought it was worth a shot though. =(

EDIT/UPDATE: I was able to get it to work with the customization file if I uninstalled and went back to version 3.39.1. I didn't try any other versions as that one was downloaded the same day as the last time I ran a catalog. The only version I have between 3.42.0 (which was what I was originally running) and 3.39.1 is 3.41.3 - but I haven't attempted that one to see if it contains the same issue.

Last edited by MidwestJen; 05-11-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Update on issue
MidwestJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:18 AM   #2
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
there was a decision to use config files for settings instead of «py»
I did the following and it works for me as before
- copy my section_list_templates.py and name it section-list-templates.conf
- remove all rows on top starting with __ (keep only # and setting)
- remove «equal and apostroph» i.e. = and '
E.g. Yours would become
# Books by Author
by_authors_normal_title_template {title} ({#myrated}) - {#wordcount} - {#mystars}
by_authors_series_title_template [{series_index}] {title} ({#myrated}) - {#wordcount} - {#mystars}
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
MidwestJen
MidwestJen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, K1 (ret), K2 (ret)
Thumbs up

Thank you so much! I will try that and see if I can update back to the current ver. and have everything still outputting correctly.
MidwestJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalog, section_list_template.py