Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 01:00 PM   #1
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Converted to PDF for Scribe, TOC problems

I purchased a study book in epub format, with the goal of converting to PDF, so I could use it on my Scribe. I've done this one time before successfully with a different book.

This book converted ok, and I emailed it to my Scribe, which worked. But the TOC doesn't work correctly. Each chapter link sends to the same page, in this case page 2 of the book.

If I view the converted PDF from Calibre it "looks" correct, but again the TOC doesn't work correctly.

Is this something I can fix using the Edit Book option? When using the Edit Book button, only epub and azw3 are my options, not PDF.

I'm not an advanced user by any means, but would love to be able to figure this out, as it would sure make navigation easier.

I'm using the most current version of Calibre on Windows 10, Scribe firmware 5.16.10.0.1

Last edited by Deskisamess; Today at 01:03 PM.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:59 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I purchased a study book in epub format, with the goal of converting to PDF, so I could use it on my Scribe. I've done this one time before successfully with a different book.

This book converted ok, and I emailed it to my Scribe, which worked. But the TOC doesn't work correctly. Each chapter link sends to the same page, in this case page 2 of the book.

If I view the converted PDF from Calibre it "looks" correct, but again the TOC doesn't work correctly.
View it with what… the calibre viewer, Acrobat, other?

Quote:
Is this something I can fix using the Edit Book option? When using the Edit Book button, only epub and azw3 are my options, not PDF.
No you'd need a 'proper' PDF editor.

Quote:
I'm not an advanced user by any means, but would love to be able to figure this out, as it would sure make navigation easier.

I'm using the most current version of Calibre on Windows 10, Scribe firmware 5.16.10.0.1
Why are you converting to PDF and not one of the proprietary Amazon formats?

There have been some recent changes to calibre relating to PDFs; so, you could install an older version of Calibre Portable (e.g 7.10) and try converting the EPUB to PDF with it.

Older versions of calibre are at ==>> Previous calibre releases

If that works then it's a problem with recent versions of calibre, if it doesn't the problems is in the original EPUB.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert