Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM   #1
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
VIP status not renewing

My VIP status is active, next renewal 17 of July. This is clearly in the past. It is set to auto-renew using points, and I have enough points.

Why has it not renewed?

Kobo help system has told me that I have been given a 10 day grace period. Why? I have said I want it renewed. Is this happening to anyone else?

yes my payment thing is still valid. I bought a book just now to verify that.

Every previous year this has worked.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:34 AM   #2
ghira
Zealot

I discovered I could manage it by hand and renew it by spending the money even though it said odd things about how it had expired and they were sorry to lose me. They took the money, sent me an email saying I'd renewed, and it still says next renewal date 17th of July. I think I'll contact support again. Also the code for a free book doesn't work but that's a problem most years.
Advert
Old Today, 01:37 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghira View Post
Also the code for a free book doesn't work but that's a problem most years.
Are you using their list of select free books, or just redeeming it on a random? I made that mistake one year.

It's unfortunate as that list is... not very expansive and there's an overabundance of romances or romances disguised as other genres.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:59 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Are you using their list of select free books, or just redeeming it on a random? I made that mistake one year.

It's unfortunate as that list is... not very expansive and there's an overabundance of romances or romances disguised as other genres.
If a book is mainly a romance, romance should be the first genre listed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If a book is mainly a romance, romance should be the first genre listed.
If a book is listed under multiple genres, Kobo will list them under all the genre sections regardless of order.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:13 PM   #6
ghira
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
One of the books on their list. Like every other time it hasn't worked. It is very frustrating ,and yes the choice is feeble.