Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 05:02 PM   #1
markbnj
markbnj began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire 8DH
reinstall after HD crash questions

My C: drive crashed, and I need to reinstall calibre.
1) I would like to use a non-standard drive to install it (my "T" drive), that links to my micro$oft one-drive storage.

2) I did (once) create a backup in calibre, but have no idea where it is and what the file name would be.

3) I would also like to customize the library location, and hopefully find all of the calibre files I have on the machine (perhaps in different drives).

4) I would also like to be able to change my library location so it will also be found by my one-drive software for future backups!

currently running win 10/64 bit

thanks for your suggestions and help in advance
markbnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:41 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See ==>> calibre User Manual: Frequently Asked Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbnj View Post
My C: drive crashed, and I need to reinstall calibre.
1) I would like to use a non-standard drive to install it (my "T" drive), that links to my micro$oft one-drive storage.

see "I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?"

2) I did (once) create a backup in calibre, but have no idea where it is and what the file name would be.

search for files named metadata.db, its presence indicates the folder is a calibre library.

3) I would also like to customize the library location, and hopefully find all of the calibre files I have on the machine (perhaps in different drives).

3) Use the actions in the Select Library tool

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-17 083049.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	210861

4) I would also like to be able to change my library location so it will also be found by my one-drive software for future backups!

see "I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?"
BR

Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 07:05 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 06:52 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Don't run OneDrive on an active calibre library. Your library may get corrupted. Instead, use FreeFileSync (mirror mode) to make a copy which can be synced to OneDrive.

Calibre isn't really compatible with various automatically running file-syncing tools. So it's best to use a copy for cloud backup.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finding backup database, new directories, re-installation