Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #1
michaelbeecham
michaelbeecham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Libra 2 won't reset

Hey all,

I added a book to my Kobo today from Calibre (something I've done many times before), but for some reason it's has frozen on the home screen. I've tried resetting it via pressing a page turn button and the power button. I've tried this not plugged into a computer, AJD plugged in, but nothing changes.

What else can I try?

Many thanks.
michaelbeecham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried holding down the Power button for 10 seconds?
Should cause the screen to clear, then 3 dots appear.

I wasn't aware of the page turn/power button method.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #3
michaelbeecham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Have you tried holding down the Power button for 10 seconds?
Should cause the screen to clear, then 3 dots appear.

I wasn't aware of the page turn/power button method.
Yeah, tried that. When I plug it into the computer, it won't even mount. Nothing I do seems to be changing anything. It also had a fairly full battery, I think.

Is it bricked?
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok. Then I am out of ideas. Maybe other, more experienced members might have better suggestions.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If your Libra 2 is frozen, hold the power button down for 30 seconds and then release the power button for 5 or so seconds and then press it again.

Please note that if you are trying the manual factory reset, you need to power off your Libra 2 and charge it for 1+ hours. Leave it plugged in, press and hold a page button and then press and hold the power button for up to 30 seconds until the resetting screen shows.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #6
michaelbeecham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If your Libra 2 is frozen, hold the power button down for 30 seconds and then release the power button for 5 or so seconds and then press it again.

Please note that if you are trying the manual factory reset, you need to power off your Libra 2 and charge it for 1+ hours. Leave it plugged in, press and hold a page button and then press and hold the power button for up to 30 seconds until the resetting screen shows.
Thanks for this. Unfortunately nothing I am trying is doing anything. It's a new day for me, and I left the Kobo in the charger overnight. Nothing changes.

I can't power it off (unless you mean let the battery drain out?), I can't mount it to my Mac, holding the power button does nothing, holding the power button + page turn button does nothing.

I wonder if it's bricked, somehow?

I did switch the wifi on yesterday and it had an update to do. Everything seemed fine after the update, but now this...
Old Today, 12:58 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Remember that just because there is stuff on the screen it does not mean that the battery has power.

Have you tried a different USB cable and / or charger?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote