Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #1
Valentin2
Valentin2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Calibre cant find paperwhite 4 in output profile

I have a Kindle paperwhite 4 but calibre doesn't recognize it. I'm running the latest version (5.8.1), and already reinstalled it. How can I fix this?
Valentin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:05 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you followed the suggestions in the Sticky post at the top of this forum titled: My device is not detected by calibre
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2021, 05:32 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentin2 View Post
I have a Kindle paperwhite 4 but calibre doesn't recognize it. I'm running the latest version (5.8.1), and already reinstalled it. How can I fix this?
You need to give more detail. What system are you running? What OS? have you tried multiple cables and multiple USB ports and even a different computer?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:39 PM   #4
Valentin2
Valentin2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
If i plug it in it does recognize the device but there is no paperwhite 4 at output profiles
Valentin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:25 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentin2 View Post
If i plug it in it does recognize the device but there is no paperwhite 4 at output profiles
Calibre only make new profiles when there is MORE THAN A MODEL change.
Is the screen resolution the same as PW3?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, kindle, paperwhite 4