Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 02:49 PM   #1
Gordo29
Connoisseur
Gordo29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-1st Porcelain 2nd Black, Touch, Aura, now Libra H2O
Calibre slow down

Since the last 3 or 4 updates my Calibre (currently on ver 7.17) has slowed down significantly. Not sure exactly when it started Have approx 1200 books in the database. Running on Windows 11 with a fairly fast CPU and lots of memory. Any ideas on what caused the slow down and how to fix? (Sorry if this has been discussed before, if so please send me in the right direction)
Gordo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:51 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
What exactly has slowed down?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
FWIW, having 1200 books is a calibre library is not going to be the cause of any slowdown. I have over 5000 with no problems, and there are people on MobileRead with libraries in the high tens of thousands.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:30 PM   #4
Gordo29
Connoisseur
Gordo29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-1st Porcelain 2nd Black, Touch, Aura, now Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What exactly has slowed down?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Converting books, loading books, editing/adding metadata.almost everything. I tend to download large descriptions for the metadata book descriptions, could that be an issue?
Gordo29 is offline   Reply With Quote