Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 06:56 AM   #1
f_coco
Connoisseur
f_coco began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad
How to make kobo only include the books located in Books folder?

i don't want the pictures stored in sleep folder to be seen in the bookshelf.
f_coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_coco View Post
i don't want the pictures stored in sleep folder to be seen in the bookshelf.
In the .kobo/kobo directory, edit the file Kobo eReader.conf. If you are using Windows, use a text editor that preserves the line ending such as Notepad++.

Under [FeatureSettings] put in the following,..

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
This will stop Nickel from scanning any directory that starts with a . such as .kobo and subdirectories.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #3
f_coco
Connoisseur
f_coco began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In the .kobo/kobo directory, edit the file Kobo eReader.conf. If you are using Windows, use a text editor that preserves the line ending such as Notepad++.

Under [FeatureSettings] put in the following,..

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
This will stop Nickel from scanning any directory that starts with a . such as .kobo and subdirectories.
Thank you for the comments. I'm already using this setting. But it seems it can only prevent kobo for scanning the folders with dot.

I want the other folders in the root like sleep, pictures won't be scanned.
f_coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:26 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_coco View Post
Thank you for the comments. I'm already using this setting. But it seems it can only prevent kobo for scanning the folders with dot.

I want the other folders in the root like sleep, pictures won't be scanned.
You could make it .sleep or edit the regex to include sleep.

Also, if this is supposed to be images for the screensaver, you create a directory called screensaver under the .kobo directory. No need for a sleep directory.

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 11:31 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote