Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old Today, 10:02 AM   #1
beaLollina
Enthusiast
beaLollina began at the beginning.

Device: none
Arrow Option to automatically highlight certain words or phrases in context

Hi ! Are there functions to highlight words in a book in calibre from a txt list of words? I was trying to import a list (several lists, if I will do it correctly) from another device to calibre, to have highlighted words and phrases for easier navigation on the viewer. Is there any plugin or in built function that allows it? Example: I converted a list of words from another software in a txt file, I need these words and expressions to be highlighted in the book viewer, so it would be simpler for me to manage this type of data from other applications. Is there a way to do it? I suppose that there is.. I'm finding a very large number of info that are similar to what I'm looking for, but I didn't find any solution at the moment.
beaLollina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:05 AM   #2
beaLollina
Enthusiast

Of course it doesn't matter if a word has more occurrences, it would be ok to highlight every occurrence in the book.
Advert
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the regular expression based search in the viewer. Create a regular expression that matches all the words. Then they will all be highlighted. But note that the performance of this is not going ot be too good for too many words.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:30 AM   #4
beaLollina
Enthusiast

What about a hundred words list? [:
Old Today, 10:59 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try it and see
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
import highlight, list, words