Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-28-2008, 04:22 AM   #1
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Fast Memory Cards

Hi

I want to share my experience: I think fast cards are speeding up iLiad. I just switched from a Ultra II to a much faster card and have the feeling iLiad opens documents much faster.

Especially when using full German wikipedia this is obviously.

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Faster the better ... not noticed any faster speeds using the cards in the Kindle
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
Gogolo
Addict

What I forgot: It is a pqi 8GB High-Speed 120 CF Card. Working perfect. 30 Euro only.

Maybe someone can update the wiki - dont know how to do this (would I be allowed?)

Greetings
Gogolo
Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
What I forgot: It is a pqi 8GB High-Speed 120 CF Card. Working perfect. 30 Euro only.

Maybe someone can update the wiki - dont know how to do this (would I be allowed?)

Greetings
Gogolo
Anyone can update the MR wiki. It is best if you get a login but not required. It is easy and with everyone contributing it will be a better resource. That is what a wiki is all about.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Thank you Gogolo

Thank you very much for the timely information, Gogolo!
I was planning on upgrading for my SanDisk Ultra II Compact Flash Card, for a bigger size. I was shooting for a A-Data 32 GB CF card, but your email will make me reconsider that and may be pick the one that you are using, as it helps uploading the files faster. My medical pdf ebooks are pretty big... have a technical question for you
I do not have a linux based computer and only have a PC, so I am wondering if copying The content of my previous CF card to the new one, using my PC wil be enough, or should I have to reinstall all the nice 3rd party softwares that I have installed on my current CF card?? How did you do your upgrade??
Thanks a million in advance for your help.

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #6
Gogolo
Addict

Dabon, it is very simple: You can copy everything as it is to the new card. Only 2 things:

1: format the new card with Fat32.

2: I had a special problem: When iLiad makes a new folder with the name of the pdf after reading it the first time and the name is very long, Windows can not copy the folder. You have to manually shorten the folder name, the file name and update the manifest file. But this only occurs when file name is very long. So probably it wont be a problem for you. That said: Avoid too long filenames on CF Card.

Speaking about low cost CF Cards: They are not bader than high priced cards but missing media management: that means, the card is not spreading the Information equal over the memory but writes it down as it comes. This is said to shorten lifetime. But I think we use the Cards more in a static way - so this should be no problem. (Sorry my english is bad).

Greetings
Gogolo
Old 05-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Thanks a million for the information, Gogolo.
This is indeed very helpful.
As far as your english is concerned, it sounds very fine to me, I could not even tell that it is your second language...like myself
Take good care,

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #8
Gogolo
Addict

Thanks

Im glad if this was a help for you.
Gogolo