Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 12:52 PM   #1
Bussengeist
Bussengeist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11 SE
Question Kindle Library configuration

Hey there!

First, I'd like to apology in advance in case this is a stupid question. I'd probably have to come to terms with not being much smart... or maybe I'm just getting old.

Second, I might have to apology if this subject has been discused before. I haven't find it... but, again, let's keep in mind I'm not that smart (anymore?)

The thing is: in my old Voyage (RIP) I had my Library set in a way that showed me the collections first, and then only the books that weren't included in any collection. And listed, no covers at all.

I have a AK-47... I mean: AK-11 SE now, and I just can't find a way to display my Library the same way: list view includes covers (which takes up a lot of space), and I can display only collections (no loose books), books and collections (even those books included in one) or just books.

Is this because of a newer OS version?
Is Amazon doing it just to annoy me?
Is there a way I can set up my Library the way I always liked?

Thank you very much for your help and your patience.
Bussengeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bussengeist View Post
Hey there!

First, I'd like to apology in advance in case this is a stupid question. I'd probably have to come to terms with not being much smart... or maybe I'm just getting old.

Second, I might have to apology if this subject has been discused before. I haven't find it... but, again, let's keep in mind I'm not that smart (anymore?)

The thing is: in my old Voyage (RIP) I had my Library set in a way that showed me the collections first, and then only the books that weren't included in any collection. And listed, no covers at all.

I have a AK-47... I mean: AK-11 SE now, and I just can't find a way to display my Library the same way: list view includes covers (which takes up a lot of space), and I can display only collections (no loose books), books and collections (even those books included in one) or just books.

Is this because of a newer OS version?
Is Amazon doing it just to annoy me?
Is there a way I can set up my Library the way I always liked?

Thank you very much for your help and your patience.
It's because of the newer OS. There's no way you can have it like you used to. Amazon changed things too much.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #3
Bussengeist

Sh!t.

Thank you, JSWolf!
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
@Bussengeist If your Paperwhite SE is on firmware not newer than 5.16.2.1.1 ( = if it is jailbreak-able) you could jailbreak it and after that you can downgrade the firmware to older version.
Without jailbreak you can't "downgrade" firmware to an older build.

IIRC those idiotic changes of how collections work happened somewhere around firmware 5.14.3.
Not sure about Paperwhite SE but "regular" 8GB Paperwhite 11th gen (aka known here as "PW5") definitely had firmware 5.14.0.1 as the initial, factory firmware build
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #5
Bussengeist

Bummer: it's on 5.16.9!

Thank you, anywaym, shamanNS!
Advert
Old Today, 05:41 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@Bussengeist If your Paperwhite SE is on firmware not newer than 5.16.2.1.1 ( = if it is jailbreak-able) you could jailbreak it and after that you can downgrade the firmware to older version.
Without jailbreak you can't "downgrade" firmware to an older build.

IIRC those idiotic changes of how collections work happened somewhere around firmware 5.14.3.
Not sure about Paperwhite SE but "regular" 8GB Paperwhite 11th gen (aka known here as "PW5") definitely had firmware 5.14.0.1 as the initial, factory firmware build
But even after going through all that hassle, the earliest firmware available for the PW5 may not display how the OP wants it to display. Can you find out if the earliest PW5 firmware displays as the OP wants?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, library, organizing.