Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Five Free Books on Kindle (12/24)

Murder Takes The Cake, by Gayle Trent
Cozy murder mystery. When the meanest gossip in Brea Ridge dies mysteriously, suspicions turn to cake decorator Daphne Martin. But all Daphne did was deliver a spice cake with cream cheese frosting--and find Yodel's body. Now Daphne's got to help solve the murder and clear her good name. Problem is, her Virginia hometown is brimming with people who had good reason to kill Yodel, and Daphne's whole family is among them.

Once Bitten, by Kalayna Price
A Fictionwise bestseller: No. 1 on the Fictionwise Dark Fantasy list in Feb. 2009.

Vampires and Shapeshifters. Kita Nekai, on the run and the smallest of her shifter clan-a calico cat among lions and tigers-is being hunted. She was expected to accept her role as her father's successor whether or not her cat was up to the task of leading the clan. She disagreed. Now she's less than a step ahead of the hunters, bone-tired, cold, and living hand-to-mouth in the city of Haven. And that's the high point of her day. She's also drugged, "accidently" turned into a vampire, and sentenced to death for recklessly creating a rogue shifter who tortures its human prey. She's got seventy-two hours to find the rogue, evade a city full of hunters, prove she's not responsible for the rogue, and keep the vampire council from killing her. All while sorting out an apprentice mage, a married ex-boyfriend shifter-hunter, and the vampire who made her.

The Crossroads Cafe , by Deborah Smith
A Hollywood actress known for her beauty flees to a secluded mountain cabin in North Carolina after being severely scarred in a car accident. There she finds unexpected love and a new life with a man who lost his family in 9-11.

Mossy Creek, by Deborah Smith, Sandra Chastain, Debra Dixon, Virginia Ellis, Nancy Knight & Donna Ball
A delightful new collection of original Southern stories set in the charming, fictitious down-home town of Mossy Creek, where there's a friendly face on every corner and a heartfelt story behind every door...

All God's Creatures, by Carolyn McSparren
Welcome to the world of Maggie McLain, a southern veterinarian and failed debutante, and her lady veterinarian colleagues. All God’s Creatures is fiction, but the animal stories are true. I have modified them a bit to protect both the innocent and the guilty.

Veterinarians tend to be indomitable raconteurs. They told me stories while we were struggling to save my thoroughbred stallion at 3 in the morning (we did), and while they were treating my numerous cats and dogs. When I passed the tales along to my friends at Belle Books, they asked me to write a novel around them.

Most of the tales are funny. A few are poignant, and a couple are heart-breaking. One of the most heart-breaking happened to me. When you read All God’s Creatures—and I hope you will—I suspect you’ll figure out which one.

Last edited by koland; 12-24-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: add book descriptions
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thank You!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Thanks !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks!
One question though, how in the world do people find free Kindle books? At the Sony store, there is a bargain priced area that includes the free books. I see no such thing at Amazon or am I being blind?
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Unfortunately, most of them are Topaz ones (except The Crossroads Café), if I didn't make mistakes...
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert