Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2023, 04:45 PM   #1
Rexrder
Rexrder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura N514
My Kobo Aura N514 is broken

Some days ago, my eReader ran out of battery. After plugging it and waiting some time, it started working in a strange way. With some time, it entered the main menu but every time I opened a book, it will let me look through two-three pages at most, just before suddenly freezing. I tried a hard reboot, but it froze while doing it and since, every try of hard rebooting ends the same way. It stops at 2-3 dots.

I already tried external boot. Just two times I managed to have the Aura H20 UI, showing that it had booted externally. However, every try to open a book or connect to the computer would end up with the device freezing. If I try to erase the books through calibre, it freezes. I even tried to force it manually by deleting the folder. They always come back, but are totally useless. Some times it even frozes in the menu, but most of the time, interactions with the PC or opening books will trigger the bug.

I haven't seen anyone with the same experience and I really don't want to give up on hope, but I don't see what to do. Any help or conclusion is appreciated.
Rexrder is offline   Reply With Quote