Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 12:39 AM   #1
Vudis
Vudis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
How to make Kobo not use lexicographic sorting

Hello,

I just registered her to ask one simple question:
How can I make my Aura HD stop using lexicographic (or alphabetical) sorting for pictures (.png).
To explain it a bit more:
I have many pictures in a single .cbz file, named 001, 002, 010, 011, 100 ...
Now what Kobo does is when I transfer that file onto it, it sorts it this way: 001, 010, 100, 101 ... 11, etc.

I do know a way to work around that but that would require more time than I'm willing to put up with for future use, so I wanted to ask the experts here if there's a way to change this within the E-Readers settings.

Thanks in advance.
Vudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:18 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There are no options to control sorting inside the files. There has been discussion on it. From memory, you need to get the file naming correct for it to work. A search here should find it. There was also a change recently in calibre to help with sorting comic books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2014, 02:34 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudis View Post
I have many pictures in a single .cbz file, named 001, 002, 010, 011, 100 ...
Now what Kobo does is when I transfer that file onto it, it sorts it this way: 001, 010, 100, 101 ... 11, etc.
What kind of sorting is that?

I have never used .cbz in the reader, but all other cbz readers I've tried got this right. The differences come if your files are named 1, 2, ... 10, 11, ... 100, 101 ..., but with the leading 0s it has always been OK. The other difference is when you have numbers with and without suffix: 123, 123a, 123b.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
baochan
Enthusiast
baochan doesn't litterbaochan doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Pyrus Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
What kind of sorting is that?

I have never used .cbz in the reader, but all other cbz readers I've tried got this right. The differences come if your files are named 1, 2, ... 10, 11, ... 100, 101 ..., but with the leading 0s it has always been OK. The other difference is when you have numbers with and without suffix: 123, 123a, 123b.
Agreed, I've never seen it sort like that, in fact the solution I've found is to unzip the cbz file and rename the image files to INCLUDE the leading zeroes. The Kobo seems to ignore subdirectories as well so if there's more than one image001.jpg I'll append the directory/chapter number to the beginning of the file. There's a free tool for Windows called Bulk Rename Utility that works really well for this, or GPRename if you're on Linux and afraid of the command line.
baochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I have not seen that when I tried out homemade .cbz files in Koreader.

Oscar's Renamer has always worked great at this sort of thing.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert