Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 11:37 PM   #1
pocketsizevera
pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Glo HD no longer connecting to my MacBook Pro

It's been a while since I've added books from my macbook pro to my Glo HD. I'm not sure if the latest macOS update (High Sierra v.10.13.4) is causing the issue if not recognizing the Glo HD, or if there's water damaged to my eReader (my water bottle spilled inside my bag and the sleepcover was soaked ) When I plug in the USB cable, there is no longer the prompt to connect to my laptop on the Glo HD. It still turns on fine, and just sync over wifi to the latest software update (v.4.8.10956).

Any suggestions before i resort to a factory reset?
pocketsizevera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:53 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Actually that sounds like the problem is the Glo HD isn't seeing the Mac rather than the Mac not seeing the device. Is the device charging when you connect it?

The only suggestions at this point are the usual when there are connection problems: Reboot everything involved, try different cables and ports, try another computer.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
pocketsizevera
pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pocketsizevera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
hm... super weird. Had plugged the USB cable into my docking station into a rear USB 2.0 port with no response. When plugging into the front USB 3.0 port, the prompt came back on the eReader to connect. It had previously worked with the rear port.
pocketsizevera is offline   Reply With Quote