Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Adding a new format to "add an empty file..."

I use PAPERBOOK files (plain text with a renamed extension) for my physical book collection. Currently I keep a dummy file in the documents folder and use "add files to selected book records..." to put it in.

A few weeks ago I noticed the "add an empty file to selected book records" option in the menu. I tried looking up how to add other formats to it but I could not find any information.

Is it possible for a user to add another format to that dialog? I suspect it might be hardcoded in.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:35 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have a symlink to the equivalent of your PAPERBOOK on my desktop, I drag and drop onto the Book Details panel as needed.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2020, 12:32 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use keyboard navigation. Shift + arrow keys to select the books, Shift+A to open the "add file to selected record" dialog, then type in dummy.paperbook and press enter. Sometimes I have to navigate back to the documents folder, though usually not as I prefer using the autoadd folder.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:05 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That is a long winded way of doing it. I also prefer the keyboard, but I'm not overly obsessive about it. Using the mouse for this is much easier because the source object is a desktop icon and the target is a barn door

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-19 075208.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	180738
Drag 'n drop, Enter

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-19 075300.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	180739

Done

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Using the mouse for this is much easier because the source object is a desktop icon and the target is a barn door
I have hand tremours, so on some days drag 'n' drop is more like "drag and ah crap where did it go." Thankfully disabling mouse acceleration helps a lot, but I still use keyboard navigation for most things.
Advert