Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-09-2022, 05:25 AM   #1
anoukaimee
Enthusiast
anoukaimee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara, Pixel 6 (Moon Reader/Calibre Companion), Amazon Fire 10
How about using LC (Library Codes) plugin, w/ FAST/LCC/DDC derived tags?

I know this is a teensy bit off topic, but I use the Library Codes plugin to ensure overall accuracy--as well as to scrape FAST tags, which are (I assume) relatively fixed and reliable since they are issued by the Library of Congress. I often find myself manually bulk editing based on those tags (e.g., searching for "Australia" in my fiction and adding AUSTRALIA to my tags for those books).

But is there an easier way? Can one export those tags (or the LCC/DDC which represents them) into ones own "tags" field? I know how to create custom fields built off of other fields, but I imagine youd' probably would have to first convert them into "words" for the use of tags (so "Clothing and dress--repair and sewing" could become the tags "sewing" and "clothing")--or better yet, do what I have not yet delved into: create a hierarchical genre system based off of the LCC/DDC/FAST info?

I'm sorry if I'm just especially dense or if I missed something; there's relatively little documentation in that tool and that which there is relies on understanding other facets of Calibre... just posting here in case someone can explain it succinctly; if not, I'll get finally around to do the right thing and put it in the plugin's dedicated thread...

Just thought this might be something others here would likewise be interested in (or best of all, know a lot about!).

Thanks
anoukaimee is offline   Reply With Quote