Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-03-2024, 04:26 AM   #1
DarrenGedye
DarrenGedye began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Question excluding .docx from calibre?

Hi, I'm running Calibre 6.19.1 in a Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon system.

I also use LibreOffice, which saves files in the .docx format.

I want LibreOffice to be the default application for opening .docx files, but unfortunately Calibre somehow gets set as the default application for opening .docx files instead.

I have tried setting LibreOffice as the default, and I have told the file manager to forget the association with Calibre (see image). That seems successful, but then later I find Calibre listed as the default again.

Is there some way I can instruct Calibre to exclude .docx files?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-06-03 20-28-01.png
Views:	47
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	208673  

Last edited by DarrenGedye; 06-03-2024 at 04:30 AM.
DarrenGedye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 05:24 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The settings in Calibre affect what happens when you view or edit from the Calibre GUI.

The action when you "open" a file on desktop or filemanager is determined by the default filemanager. Do you have more than one?

No problem here, but I'm using Mate on Mint 21.3 and Caja filemanager

I can alternately log in using Cinnamon.

Which filemanager has that dialog?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2024, 12:54 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not manage OS level file associations. It only installs .desktop files that tell the OS what file types it is *capable* of handling. What actual associations happen after that are upto the OS
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote