Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-24-2023, 10:55 PM   #1
delusk
delusk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
V6.17 Won't Convert Kindle AZW3 File

In 3/23 I posted about this, that Calibre 6.12 wouldn't convert Kindle ebook ebok file. Suggested I purchase a Kindle so I could download AZW3 file for transfer to PC via USB. Worked great, Calibre could convert that file.

I just now tried to convert the same type of file and a message pops up stating this file has DRM and cannot be converted, and file won't covnert.

Am I once again out of luck?

Danny Lusk
delusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:04 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=253119

Read the first post carefully.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusk View Post
In 3/23 I posted about this, that Calibre 6.12 wouldn't convert Kindle ebook ebok file. Suggested I purchase a Kindle so I could download AZW3 file for transfer to PC via USB. Worked great, Calibre could convert that file.

I just now tried to convert the same type of file and a message pops up stating this file has DRM and cannot be converted, and file won't covnert.

Am I once again out of luck?

Danny Lusk
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2023, 12:06 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
did you set up 'that' plugin with the serial number for your Kindle
The download is for a specific Kindle when DRM is in place.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:05 AM   #4
delusk
delusk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Thank you, worked great.
delusk is offline   Reply With Quote