Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #1
lredgen
lredgen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
5.6.1 OTA Update

So, I got the 5.6.1 OTA update, and, as per the wiki page, I have not uploaded or downloaded anything to my Kindle since. I checked Easeus, also, as per the recommendation, and I can see the update files and my jailbreak files. Is there anything I can/should do from this point to try and recover my JB?
lredgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lredgen View Post
So, I got the 5.6.1 OTA update, and, as per the wiki page, I have not uploaded or downloaded anything to my Kindle since. I checked Easeus, also, as per the recommendation, and I can see the update files and my jailbreak files. Is there anything I can/should do from this point to try and recover my JB?
What version of the Jailbreak did you have installed when the OTA update happened?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
NiLuJe released a recovery update for outdated jailbreaks, see the jailbreak thread.

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-17-2014 at 06:10 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote