Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-08-2019, 05:36 AM   #1
kduytsch
kduytsch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle Reading position back to Calibre

Hi all

So I have been reading around about posting the reading status (%age or so) in table, and while it was apparently possible before, it is no more ?

So before the Last Page read was in the annotation but no more ?

So I have no way to keep track in Calibre about which books are read, not read, being read ?

Thanks for that
kduytsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
By default, Calibre Viewer will remember the last page read.
As for "read" and "not read", you could add a custom column (yes/no column).
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #3
kduytsch

Well, that's not the idea.

The idea is to read the book on my kindle, and when I plug it to my PC, sync it back to Calibre (which manages the entire collection of ebooks)
Old 07-12-2019, 03:16 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
not simple. and also what would you expect calibre to do if you connect a different kindle which reports a different last page read ?
and is it to support getting last page from every supported device , across all formats, or just kindles ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:56 AM   #5
kduytsch

Well, I don't know but I'd like it at least to report if the book was read or not. Sometimes I start a book to notice I already read it... a d this is because I read from kindle and iOS app...
So yes, I could use the Amazon sync, but I'd prefer ic Calibre could do something equivalent
Advert
Old 07-19-2019, 06:33 AM   #6
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kduytsch View Post
Well, I don't know but I'd like it at least to report if the book was read or not. Sometimes I start a book to notice I already read it... a d this is because I read from kindle and iOS app...
So yes, I could use the Amazon sync, but I'd prefer ic Calibre could do something equivalent
Probably going to have to create a custom column with the yes/no/null value and assign each of those to read/unread/reading (or whatever you want). But you'll probably have to manually update it.

Or you could create a couple of custom columns with just yes/no options.

But overall, I don't believe there is a way to "automatically" do this.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:26 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
My #read column is a Date. That seemed more relevant than just a Yes.
(I also use a <2000 date to indicate: Abandoned, not my cuppa)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:32 AM   #8
kduytsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
My #read column is a Date. That seemed more relevant than just a Yes.
(I also use a <2000 date to indicate: Abandoned, not my cuppa)
Ok and so you manually manage it ?
Old 07-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kduytsch View Post
Ok and so you manually manage it ?
Mostly
Calibre Companion will send it back if I mark it (also manual).
Kobo Utilities Extended had a feature, to do it (For books on my AURA2), but I did not like what I got (and did not spend more time with it)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle, read, status