Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Today, 08:41 AM   #1
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Tolino Shine 5th Gen
KoboTouch and new tolino devices

Since the new tolino devices are based on an adapted Kobo FW, it would be great to have them supported just as the Kobo devices. But since there are some differences (it's firmware version 5.x) it needs some work. What I noticed, for example, is that there seems to be no image tree for the covers anymore.

I did try to adapt the driver to the new devices, and doesn't look too bad. In my case, upoading books and covers seem to work very well. What doesn't work is putting books into collections. I don't know yet, why.

Now I'm not sure where to go from here.

Perhaps someone who is more experienced could have a look at my changes?

At least it seems to not break anything, since my Clara 2E works with the changes as before.

(But of course I don't know what happens when kobo devices go for fw 5.x …)

Last edited by beedaddy; Today at 08:44 AM.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:21 AM   #2
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Adding books to collections works now. I've no idea, why "false" in the SQL query doesn't work anymore. Using false (no quotation marks) works. But in both databases (Clara 2E and tolino shine 5), the field is BOOL.

I'm also not sure whether more queries need to be adapted accordingly.

But for me, it looks ok now.
Advert
Old Today, 09:35 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
false without quotation marks is correct in modern sqlite. Thoug it is better to use 0 and 1 for false and true as booleans are stored in sqlite databases as integers it doesnt have a separate boolean datatype. See
https://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:38 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking at the rest of the driver, it should probably be 'false'

Try changing

Code:
        query = 'SELECT Name FROM Shelf WHERE _IsDeleted = "false"'

to

query = "SELECT Name FROM Shelf WHERE _IsDeleted = 'false'"
that will hopefully work with both
Old Today, 09:44 AM   #5
beedaddy
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes, that works. Thanks!
Advert
Old Today, 09:51 AM   #6
beedaddy
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
Yes, that works. Thanks!
Wait. No! Doesn't work with 'false'. I did the test first with the wrong (i.e. Kobo) device.

Last edited by beedaddy; Today at 09:54 AM.
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #7
beedaddy
Groupie

And btw, using 0 doesn't work with the Kobo device (Clara 2E).
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
And btw, using 0 doesn't work with the Kobo device (Clara 2E).
yes, false without quotes and 0 are the same thing.
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm well then as far as I can tell the two firmwares are storing different things in that column. Which would imply that kobo is unlikely to ever move to that firmware.