Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM   #1
Kindlesomething
Kindlesomething began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Gen 5.16.2.1.1(Jail Breaked)
I did a Jail Break on my Kindle Paperwhilte (7th Gen), now what?

I didn't charge my Kindle or use it for about 2 months and now it's not working properly, the backlights won't work and the kindle restarts at random times and sometimes the display won't respond to touches or displays some weird error like screens.

It just wasn't working, now, I did a jail break on my Kindle, thinking I will change software because I thought Amazon was messing with my kindle to make them redundant, but it looks to be not true (they don't even have Kindles on the market, won't make much sense for them to destroy my kindle)

Now, I used language break (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=356872) and "freed my kindle" but I am not sure what to do next? i.e., Can I burn a new image into my kindle and make it work as it did previously?

I don't know, any help would be appreciated.

PS: Is there a terminal like application where I can manually try to turn on the backlights?
Kindlesomething is online now   Reply With Quote