Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Double COlumn mode disappeared from my Scribe

This happened over night. All of my books are KFX, some side-loaded and some from Amazon. I did briefly go online to download a new book, and it did not delete my side-loaded books, but when I opened a book that I had previously been reading in double column mode, it was just in regular landscape. I looked and the option for double column has disappeared from all of my books. Any ideas?
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Yet another in a long line of amazon takeaways of a feature people like?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
It's still available on my Scribe, running 5.16.10.0.1
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM   #4
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
It's still available on my Scribe, running 5.16.10.0.1
I'm currently running 5.16.9. Somehow I doubt updating will fix it, b ut I suppose it might be worth a try.
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #5
Avwriter
Addict

And weirdly now its back. I put the Scribe back online for a few minutes to see if the current firmware updates (it did not), and then when I put it back into airplane mode the feature was active again. Go figure....
Advert
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
There seem to be quite a few Amazon Kindle features that require Amazon to OTA activate making keeping your Kindle ereader offline permanently hard to do. Your two column mode might require a connection to Amazon to keep it active. Sounds pretty stupid but that seems to be the default mode for many corporations.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #7
Avwriter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
There seem to be quite a few Amazon Kindle features that require Amazon to OTA activate making keeping your Kindle ereader offline permanently hard to do. Your two column mode might require a connection to Amazon to keep it active. Sounds pretty stupid but that seems to be the default mode for many corporations.

Agreed, it is idiotic, when all of these features worked fine offline in the past. In the past I have kept it in airplane for months without a problem, but since the disappearing side-loads started I have been logging in once a week or so. IN this case apparently it needs to stay connected for a full ten minutes or so.