Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-25-2024, 02:37 PM   #1
Mr Avid
Enthusiast
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3, PocketBook Era
Numbers displayed in koreader

On certain books, there are numbers displayed along with the text periodically. They are in the far right margin and they increment over time. They are displayed vertically so "56" will display as a 5 over a 6.

I don't see these numbers when I open the books in Caliber. I also don't see them when using the built in pocketbook reader.

Is there a setting somewhere I have enabled that is creating/displaying those numbers?

I am using koreader on a pocketbook, version 2024.07.
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 03:58 PM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
These are “reference pages”. Somewhere in the top menu.

If you had a physical book equivalent, these numbers are supposed to show where you are. Don’t really know how it works, maybe epubs have estimates in them?
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2024, 04:43 PM   #3
Mr Avid
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip! That helped me locate it.

I found it in the first tab once I knew what it was called.

I spent like 20 minutes looking and didn't find it before asking. So many settings
Old 09-25-2024, 05:00 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post

If you had a physical book equivalent, these numbers are supposed to show where you are. Don’t really know how it works, maybe epubs have estimates in them?
Code:
- EPUB3 <nav epub:type="page-list"> in nav document
- EPUB2 <pageList><pageTarget> in ncx document
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 09:45 PM   #5
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So many settings, yes
Here is the full manual for you!

http://koreader.rocks/user_guide/
Advert
Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM   #6
Mr Avid
Enthusiast

Quote:
So many settings, yes
Here is the full manual for you!

http://koreader.rocks/user_guide/
Thanks!

I did look at that but there didn't seem to be anything related to this.
Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM   #7
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Avid View Post
Thanks for the tip! That helped me locate it.

I found it in the first tab once I knew what it was called.

I spent like 20 minutes looking and didn't find it before asking. So many settings
One really, really useful (in my opinion) feature of KOReader is the "Menu search" option. In case you're not familiar with it, it can be reached via the top-right menu -> Help -> Menu search. I think it's quite intuitive; in this case for example, searching for "margin" brings up all menu items containing that word, the top one being the one you were looking for (Show reference page labels in margin).
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM   #8
mergen3107
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Avid View Post
Thanks!

I did look at that but there didn't seem to be anything related to this.
Thanks! I’ll ask our User Guide Guru on GitHun to add it
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #9
Ebookus
Digital Grenadier
Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:

They are hardcoded into the text to match the page count of the physical counterpart. so if you for instance somebody says to you, read pages 23-27 from the hardback, you now easily can do just that on you digital copy. This is a relatively new feature so, older ebooks (<= ePub 2) will not show them.
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote