Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
cvlowe
Enthusiast
cvlowe began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre on laptop
ebook viewer scrolling problem

I'm new to this program, so if there is a simple fix, thanks in advance for your assistance.

I'm trying to read an epub book in the Calibre E-book viewer. When I try to scroll with my mouse wheel the screen jumps a whole page. I've looked and can't find an option to change that anywhere in Calibre. I've checked my mouse driver settings and it's set to 3 lines per click. Every other piece of software only scrolls incrementally using the mouse wheel, I'm only having this serious problem with Calibre. I read another thread on these forums from 2009 that said the "new" version was supposed to scroll 20% of a page per click or something like that. Even that would be a lot, but I could live with it.

How can I fix the scrolling problem?
cvlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The viewer presents a *paged* display. Therefore scrolling can only be a page at a time. You can switch to the typical browser interface by clicking the yellow scroll icon in the top right corner.
And then to to Page Flip options in the viewer preferences to control the behavior of the mouse wheel.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
cvlowe
Enthusiast

That helps, thanks!

That was not very obvious..
Old 09-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Hi

I do not see any yellow scroll icon anywhere. I must be blind here. Is ti in the browser or in the menus?
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
cvlowe
Enthusiast

When you open a book in the viewer, it will be in the top-right of the screen.
Advert
Old 09-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You may have moved the toolbar location. Toolbars are movable. I run with the Navigation arrows on the Right side (never made sense to me to keep crossing over with the mouse for the next page)

It is at the end of the search bar
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Ahh ok I got it now. It is in the book viewer. Slight confusion there. Thanks for the replies though. I did not know about it.

I am trying tom figure out if scrolling can be settable for the books browser/cover grid view.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...64#post2912964
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scrolling